Experience the World Heritage Convent of Christ in Tomar, the Monastery of Batalha and the Monastery of Alcobaça in a private guided day tour from Lisbon.
Discover, with your guide, the centuries-old link between the Knights Templars and the Kingdom of Portugal. Hear the true tragic love story of King Pedro I and Inês de Castro.
- Step back in time on a history tour
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Separate driver ensures your guides full attention throughout the day
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
You will be picked up at your Lisbon hotel towards the Convent of Christ in Tomar, the Knights Templars headquarter in Portugal. Here you will discover, with your guide, the centuries-old link between the Knights Templars and the Kingdom of Portugal. Visit it’s famous manueline window and the original round church, built at the end of the 12th century by the first great Master of the Templars.Next you will move on to Batalha, one of the most beautiful examples of Portuguese and European architecture. The construction took over 150 years, reason why one can find not only Gothic style, but also manueline style and some renaissance touches.
Finally, you will visit the Monastery of Alcobaça, a 12th century Gothic monastery, founded by the first Portuguese king, Afonso Henriques. Here you will hear the true tragic love story of King Pedro I and Inês de Castro while you admire their tombs.
The Monastery was listed by UNESCO as a World Heritage Site due to its artistic and historical importance.
- Bottled water
- Professional guide
- Transport by air-conditioned Mercedes-Benz vehicle
- Live commentary on board
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
- Entrance fees
- Food and drinks
- Confirmation will be received within 24 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Prices are based in a group of 1 to 6 travellers
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
Local Operator Information:
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.