If wine is your passion, this tour is mandatory, led by a local expert guide to the first DOC region of the World. Let your self go on this trip to wine paradise, with the most beautiful landscapes as a backdrop to your private tour.
Spend a full-day travelling a route where the passion for wine clearly stands out, start by heading towards the city of Régua, specifically to Quinta da Pacheca, where you will visit beautiful vineyards, classic mills, and an old wine cellar, and where you will get a chance to taste some world famous Douro and Port Wines.
For lunch, head up to the DOC restaurant, at Armamar, a place of enormous beauty, blending the magnificence of shale hills covered with vines with the quiet peacefulness of the Douro River and of it’s riverside villages.
Finish the tour on the biggest vineyard in the Douro Region, Quinta das Carvalhas, situated in a dominant position on the left side of the Douro, covering the entire hillside overlooking the river and extending up to the top.
The return to Porto will be done by car, on a panoramic-style tour, in order to take advantage of the unparalleled Douro landscape.
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Transport in air-conditioned vehicle
- Local expert guide
- Mandatory insurance
- Transportation in an air-conditioned vehicle
- Lunch at the DOC restaurant
- Vintage visit to Quinta das Carvalhas with wine tastings
- Visit to Quinta da Pacheca with wine tastings
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum numbers apply (2 persons)
- There is a possibility of cancellation in case of bad weather. In this case, you will be offered an alternative or a full refund
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Enjoy a small-group tour, with a maximum of six people, to ensure a more personalized experience
- Children from 0 to7 year’s old (10%) discount
- Reservations: Requests will only be accepted if made 48 hours prior to service date and guaranteed after payment. For bank transfers, it’s necessary to send bank receipt until 48 hours prior to service date
- Cancellation: until 48 hours before departure – no cancellation fee. After this deadline, there is no refund
Your local Hotel.
10 hours (approx.)
Your local Hotel.
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity. What’s this?
Local Operator Information:
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.