- By using Portugal Day Trips, you agree to be legally bound by these terms, which shall take effect immediately.
- If you do not agree to be legally bound by all the following Terms & Conditions, please do not access and/or use Portugal Day Trips.
- Portugal Day Trips may change these Terms & Conditions at any time by posting changes online. Please review these Terms & Conditions regularly to ensure you are aware of any changes made by Portugal Day Trips. Your continued use of Portugal Day Trips or a after changes are posted means you agree to be legally bound by these terms as updated and/or amended.
- You may not copy, reproduce, republish, download, post, broadcast, transmit, make available to the public, or otherwise use Portugal Day Trips content (inclusive of text, images, URLs, pricing information, etc.) in any way except for your own personal, non-commercial use. Any other use of Portugal Day Trips content requires the prior written permission of Portugal Day Trips.
- You agree to use Portugal Day Trips only for lawful purposes, and in a way that does not infringe the rights of, restrict or inhibit anyone else’s use and enjoyment of Portugal Day Trips.
- Your use of Portugal Day Trips is intended for personal, non commercial use and/or to make legitimate requests to book the products or services offered. You agree not to use this site to make any speculative, false or fraudulent requests. You agree not to use robots or other automated means to access this site, unless specifically permitted by Portugal Day Trips.
- You represent and warrant that you (a) have not previously been suspended by Portugal Day Trips or otherwise banned from the site; (b) are not a direct competitor of Portugal Day Trips; (c) do not have more than one Portugal Day Trips account at any given time; and (d) that you have full power and authority to enter into these Terms of Service and in doing so will not violate any other agreement to which you are a party.
- We grant you permission to use the site subject to the restrictions in these Terms & Conditions. In accessing or using the site, you may be exposed to content that is offensive, indecent, inaccurate, objectionable, or otherwise inappropriate. Portugal Day Trips does not endorse such content, and cannot vouch for its accuracy. You therefore access and use the site at your own risk.
- You can contribute to the site in a number of different ways, including writing reviews, uploading photos, filling out your public profile, and rating other users’ contributions (your “Content”).
- We may use Your Content in a number of different ways, including displaying it on the site, reformatting it, editing it for clarity and grammar, incorporating it into advertisements and other works, creating derivative works from it, promoting it, distributing it, and allowing others to do the same in connection with their own websites and media platforms (“Other Media”). As such, you hereby irrevocably grant us permission to use your Content for any purpose. You also irrevocably grant the site’s users and the users of any Other Media the right to access Your Content in connection with their use of the Site and any Other Media. Finally, you irrevocably waive, and cause to be waived, any claims and assertions of moral rights or attribution with respect to Your Content.
- You alone are responsible for your Content. You assume all risks associated with your Content, including anyone’s reliance on its accuracy, completeness or usefulness, or any disclosure by you of information in your Content that makes you personally identifiable. You represent that you own, or have the necessary permissions to use, and authorize the use of, your Content as described herein. You may not imply that your Content is in any way sponsored or endorsed by Portugal Day Trips.
- You may expose yourself to liability if, for example, Your Content violates any third-party right, including any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, moral right, privacy right, right of publicity, or any other intellectual property or proprietary right; contains material that is false, intentionally misleading, or defamatory; contains material that is unlawful, including illegal hate speech or pornography; exploits or otherwise harms minors; or violates or advocates the violation of any law or regulation.
- We may remove or reinstate user Content from time to time at our sole discretion. For example, we may remove a review if we believe it violates our content guidelines. We have no obligation to retain or provide you with copies of your Content, nor do we guarantee any confidentiality with respect to your Content.
- Portugal Day Trips and its affiliates may display advertisements and other information adjacent to or included with your Content on the Site and Other Media. You are not entitled to any compensation for such advertisements. The manner, mode and extent of such advertising are subject to change without specific notice to you.
Product Validity, Modifications & Amendments
- All products, tours and services offered by Portugal Day Trips are valid as per the dates displayed at Portugal Day Trips. Portugal Day Trips is not responsible or liable for any information that it does not directly provide.
- All requests for modifications/amendments must be directed to the Portugal Day Trips Customer Care Team who will process the request.
- Portugal Day Trips does not charge a fee to amend or change the dates of an existing booking, as long as the request is received by our Customer Care team more than three (3) days ahead of your confirmed travel date.
- It is not possible to change or modify a special event, theatre or show ticket. Sales of these tickets are final and cannot be amended once your original purchase is confirmed.
- All other date-change requests and amendments are subject to availability by our suppliers and/or service providers; Portugal Day Trips cannot guarantee the success of any date-change request.
- If you request a date change within three (3) days or less of your confirmed travel date, Portugal Day Trips will attempt to honour your request; however changes made three days or less from your original travel date may attract an additional fee. For multi-day and overnight tours, date changes made within seven (7) days of your confirmed travel date may also attract additional fees from our suppliers and/or service providers.
- If you make a purchase using a Portugal Day Trips promotion code, or if you accept a discount or special-offer price during the Portugal Day Trips checkout process, you may invalidate your discount or special-offer price by making any changes or amendments to your itinerary once your purchase is complete. Portugal Day Trips may decide, at its sole discretion, to honour your discount or special-offer pricing if you make a post-purchase change or amendment to your itinerary. However Portugal Day Trips reserves the right to invalidate your discount or special-offer pricing if you make any changes to your confirmed itinerary.
- Occasionally our suppliers and/or service providers make changes to tour dates, prices, inclusions, coverage, age requirements, etc. As a result, Portugal Day Trips reserves the right to cancel, change or substitute any service, tour, ticket or product that you have booked at Portugal Day Trips or through s, at any time, for any reason.
- In such cases, if you are dissatisfied with the alternatives offered, you are entitled to a full refund of the original purchase price.
- Notwithstanding the above, when we are informed in advance by our agents, service providers and/or suppliers of a significant change to a booking and/or to a tour, product or event, we make every reasonable effort to notify the consumer, travel agent and/or distributor as appropriate, in order to amend or re-issue the booking where feasible.
- For products noted as a “Worry-free Shore Excursion”, if you are not returned to the ship in time to board, we will arrange the necessary transport to the next port-of-call. This policy applies only to our contracted local suppliers and only when, through no fault or action of your own, you are not returned to the ship in time to board. The policy is void in instances where delay is caused by your own actions and/or you have deviated from the Portugal Day Trips activity or tour. You must supply Portugal Day Trips with correct arrival and departure ship information and ensure there is enough time (min. 2 hours) between the tour end time and the ship departure time. You must contact Portugal Day Trips directly to request next port-of-call transportation arrangements as customers cannot book their own travel. Portugal Day Trips will select and book travel to the next port of call (not to exceed US$1000 per person). In addition, if your ship misses a port of call or is delayed beyond the commencement time of your Worry-free Shore Excursion, simply contact Portugal Day Trips within 14 days. Pending verification of the ships actual itinerary, we will issue you a refund.
Pricing & Inclusions/Exclusions
- Prices listed on Portugal Day Trips are per person, unless otherwise specified.
- Prices are based on the local tariff at the time of quoting, converted at the prevailing foreign-exchange rate as determined by Portugal Day Trips.
- Price quotations are subject to change without notice, until a booking has been confirmed.
- Unless otherwise specified, prices do not include any local taxes or use-fees, including foreign departure, security, port charges, park fees, customs, immigration, agricultural, passenger-facility charges or international transportation tax.
- Prices do not include tips/gratuities to tour directors, drivers or local guides; passport and visa fees; baggage and personal insurance; any items of a personal nature; and any beverages or food not specifically listed under “Inclusions” on the product pages of Portugal Day Trips.
Payments & Cancellations
- No refunds are available once a tour or service has commenced, or in respect of any package, accommodation, meals or any other services utilized.
- Canceling a booking with Portugal Day Trips can result in cancellation fees being applied by Portugal Day Trips, as outlined below. Additional fees may be levied by the individual supplier/operator (see your Portugal Day Trips Voucher for specific details). When canceling any booking you will be notified via email, facsimile or telephone of the total cancellation fees.
- Event, Attraction, Theater, Show or Coupon Ticket
These are non-refundable in all circumstances.
- Gift Certificate
These are non-refundable in all circumstances.
- Other Tour Products & Services
If you cancel at least 7 calendar days in advance, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 calendar days in advance, you will be charged a 50% cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 calendar days in advance, you will be charged a 100% cancellation fee.
- Event, Attraction, Theater, Show or Coupon Ticket
- The value of the transaction may be subject to taxes, foreign transaction, currency exchange or other fees. Your bank or credit or debit card company may convert the payment into the local currency and charge fees, resulting in differences between the amount displayed on Portugal Day Trips, and the final amount charged to your bank account or credit or debit card statement. Please contact your bank or card company if you have any questions concerning any applicable conversion or fees. Please note for bookings made in Brazil, the tax IOF (Tax Upon Financial Operations, 6.38%) is not included in the final booking value and will be charged to the credit or debit card used to make the purchase.
Private Tour Guides
- Portugal Day Trips provides customers with information regarding Private Tour Guides in many destinations. Private tour guides are independent contractors and not agents or affiliates of Portugal Day Trips.
- Customers are responsible for working directly with private tour guides on scheduling, meeting time / place, tour specifics and, where specifically noted, payment terms. Portugal Day Trips makes no representations or warranties of any kind regarding private tour guides or their services.
- By booking a private tour guide, customers acknowledge and agree that, in addition to Portugal Day Trips’s standard Terms and Conditions, neither Portugal Day Trips nor its agents are liable for any accidents, losses, injuries, damages, delays, expenses due to any action or inaction on the part of the guide or his/her services.
- Portugal Day Trips’s ‘Worry-Free Shore Excursion’ guarantee does not apply to private tour guides.
Portugal Day Trips Vouchers
- You will receive a personalized Voucher for each tour, event or service booked. In order to access and print your Portugal Day Trips Voucher(s), you will be provided access to a secure webpage hosted by Portugal Day Trips that contains a link to your Portugal Day Trips Voucher(s).
- You must provide the original, authentic Portugal Day Trips Voucher to the appropriate service provider in order to redeem your tour, ticket, or package. Your reservation cannot be honored or redeemed without presenting a valid Portugal Day Trips Voucher.
- For security purposes, when redeeming your Portugal Day Trips Voucher you must present a valid Photo ID and sign the Portugal Day Trips Voucher. This is for identification purposes and helps us to prevent fraud.
- In some cases Portugal Day Trips also requires that you present the credit or debit card used to purchase your tour or ticket at the time of redemption. This generally applies only to attraction and show tickets. This helps us to prevent credit-card misuse. You will be advised at checkout whether or not you must present the credit or debit card used for booking. In some cases Portugal Day Trips will waive this requirement, generally to facilitate gift purchases. However this requirement can only be waived by contacting Portugal Day Trips’s Customer Care team once your booking has been confirmed, and any changes or amendments will be made at Portugal Day Trips’s sole discretion.
- If you make a purchase using a Portugal Day Trips Gift Certificate, Portugal Day Trips requires that you present the Gift Certificate used to purchase your tour, ticket or package at the time of redemption.
- Please note that your Portugal Day Trips Voucher(s) can be confiscated – and immediately canceled without refund – if your signature and/or name do not match those shown on either your credit or debit card or Gift Certificate.
Passports, Visas & Insurance
- It is the responsibility of all passengers, regardless of nationality and destination, to check with the consulate of the country they are visiting for current entry requirements.
- As visa and health requirements are subject to change without notice, we recommend that you verify health and visa requirements with the appropriate consulate prior to departure.
- We strongly recommend that you purchase a comprehensive Travel Insurance Policy prior to departure. If you cancel your trip or significantly alter travel dates, many policies will reimburse the cost of cancellation fees and related expenses.
Disclaimers & Limitations of Liability
- Under no circumstances will Portugal Day Trips or its agents, affiliates, service providers, suppliers, and/or distributors be liable for any of the following losses or damage (whether such losses where foreseen, foreseeable, known or otherwise): (a) loss of data; (b) loss of revenue or anticipated profits; (c) loss of business; (d) loss of opportunity; (e) loss of goodwill or injury to reputation; (f) losses suffered by third parties; or (g) any indirect, consequential, special or exemplary damages arising from the use of Portugal Day Trips regardless of the form of action.
- Portugal Day Trips and its agents and suppliers, in making arrangements for hotels, tours, transportation or any service in connection with the itineraries of individual customers, shall not be liable for injury, damage, loss, accident, delay or irregularity, liability or expense to person or property due to act of default by any hotel, carrier or other company or person providing services included in the tours.
- Furthermore, Portugal Day Trips and its agents and suppliers accept no responsibility for any sickness, pilferage, labor disputes, machinery breakdown, government restrains, acts of war and/or terrorism, weather conditions, defect in any vehicle of transportation or for any misadventure or casualty or any other causes beyond their control.
- Portugal Day Trips’s content – including the information, names, images, pictures, logos, prices, dates, and availability regarding or relating to Portugal Day Trips, Portugal Day Trips and/or to a , service provider, operator and/or distribution partner ï¿½ is provided “AS IS” and on an “AS AVAILABLE” basis without any representations or any kind of warranty made (whether express or implied by law) to the extent permitted by law, including the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy.
- At Portugal Day Trips we check and recheck the details about all the products and services we offer for accuracy. However, Portugal Day Trips does not warrant that functionality, content or information contained on Portugal Day Trips will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that Portugal Day Trips or the servers that make it available are free of viruses or bugs.
- If any of these terms are determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by reason of the laws of any state or country in which these terms are intended to be effective, then to the extent and within the jurisdiction in which that term is illegal, invalid or unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from these terms and the remaining terms shall survive, remain in full force and effect and continue to be binding and enforceable.
Restrictions on Use
- You agree that you will not, and will not assist or enable others to:
- use the site to threaten, stalk, defraud, incite, harass, or advocate the harassment of another person, or otherwise interfere with another user’s use of the site;
- use the site to submit or transmit spam, chain letters, contests, junk email, pyramid schemes, surveys, or other mass messaging, whether commercial in nature or not;
- use the site in a manner that may create a conflict of interest, such as trading reviews with other business owners or writing or soliciting reviews;
- use the site to promote bigotry or discrimination against protected classes;
- use the site to violate any third-party right, including any breach of confidence, copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, moral right, privacy right, right of publicity, or any other intellectual property or proprietary right;
- use the site to submit or transmit pornography or illegal content;
- use the site to solicit personal information from minors or to harm or threaten to cause harm to minors;
- use any robot, spider, site search/retrieval application, or other automated device, process or means to access, retrieve, scrape, or index the site or any site Content;
- attempt to gain unauthorized access to the site, user accounts, computer systems or networks connected to the Site through hacking, password mining or any other means; use the Site or any Site Content to transmit any computer viruses, worms, defects, Trojan horses or other items of a destructive nature (collectively, “Viruses”); use any device, software or routine that interferes with the proper working of the Site, or otherwise attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Site; make excessive traffic demands; use the Site to violate the security of any computer network, crack passwords or security encryption codes; disrupt or interfere with the security of, or otherwise cause harm to, the site or site Content; remove, circumvent, disable, damage or otherwise interfere with any security-related features of the Site, features that prevent or restrict the use or copying of Site Content, or features that enforce limitations on the use of the Site.